Followers

Friday, 11 January 2013

An Unexpected Bonus




Searching through a box of figures yesterday I came across this little chap - an S range mounted gladiator by the look of him. I've stuck him on one of the PB range late Roman horses I had lying around.


Maybe it's just me, but there's something about the gladiators helmet and mask that always puts me in mind of those novelty salt-and-pepper cruets in the shape of men in bowler hats.

Be that as it may, or may not, I've just aquired a copy of the Italian gladiator boardgame/figure game hybrid Gladiatori. When I've figured out the rules I will give it a try with the s-rangers.

2 comments:

  1. Mounted gladiator? First I've heard of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they may have been used to tackle wild beasts.

      Delete